1/4/11

Cobwebs

tisk, tisk,
we are here unoticed
and wrapped like cheap fish

waiting for the moon to burst like a juicy pinata full of quarters
a million phone calls will be made

HELLO doctor!
why hasnt anybody noticed my existence?
the panzers pull pitbulls for pocketchange
as the murderers line up like stoplights pretending to be poetic
while the drugdealers pick up pigeons for pennies
and kicks
and the long legged girls hop
on the backs of jumping jacks
for hickies and licks instead of twizzlers and hickory sticks

and where am i?
the subhuman kind
swimming in yesterdays hangover
outliving the curiosity of my mind

this piss stained corner has taught me this
if i were heartless
id be rich

nevertheless my head still turns
when the sunsets
and my hands dont wash clean for wine and cheese

im a bargener
heading towards the storm

a dollar for a poem?
i said a dollar not a stone!

this city aint got sympathy
for wildcats like me

im not on my knees but could someone tell me
where my mother is please?

No comments:

Post a Comment